Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kind WORDS

I have just finished my morning prayer today and a verse in today's 1st reading has caught me "THE LORD HAS GIVEN ME THE TONGUE OF A TEACHER THAT I MAY KNOW HOW TO SUSTAIN THE WEARY WITH A WORD. Isaiah 50:4"

Today, exactly 4 years ago April 8, 2005, was POPE JOHN Paul II's interment. The reason why i will never forget that day was because it was also the very same day my Bar Examination result was released. It was perhaps the most horrifying day of my life which ended to be the most wonderful day of all as well. We were told that the results would be released at 4PM that day since decoding began at 12N. The Pope's interment ceremony began at 12N and he was to be placed in the catacomb at exactly 4PM. At exactly 12N and every hour thereafter, i was down on my knees praying the rosary, at about 7:10PM i received a call from my Tita Cora, who was so happy to tell me that i passed. After confirming with my friend Narlette who was working at the SC then, i was so consumed with emotion that i didn't know what to do. After pausing for a moment, i once again lit a candle in my altar, bent down on my knees to thank the Lord for granting my heart's desire. It was during that time when i prayed for Him to use me and the gift He has given me. I officially became a lawyer in May, 2005. When i came back, i was immediately offered the position as Assistant Dean of USJ-R.
The verse i quoted really moved me. Last night, i fell asleep thinking about my students who did not make it to last year's bar. I realized i have only texted a few of them (the ones in my phone book) to say comforting words of God's plan, encouragement and assurance that they must never give up and should continue to believe that they can make it. God has put me in this position for a reason and the verse reminded me of my role as a teacher. And so today and for the rest of the Holy Week, i will commit myself to text my students and friends, for as what Mother Teresa has said,
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”

May we always learn to say a kind word or two to anyone we meet today and for the rest of our lives because
true greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment