Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my Intangible wish list this holiday

Now that I have opened practically all my presents and since I have nothing else to do with my eyes on a blur, I have decided to write down the list of things I wish for that money can't buy, things that would not benefit me alone but everyone else. You see, in a world highly influenced by things people hold on to we tend to forget what is essential and what matters most. Often times, it takes a sad experience before one gets to realize that in the end only those we hold in our hearts matter.. and so I call this my intangible wish list..more like a grown up list..

1. I wish for good health for my family especially my mom. Atleast I wish for her to be more conscious of what she eats and when she eats it.

2. I wish for protection and safety of my family wherever we are especially my big brother who has to be far far away for work and my sister who travels often.

3. I wish for more success in our career and that we may be able to value the fruits of our labor and give more to those who need our help.

4. I wish that I would be a better person, better sister and daughter, teacher, dean, lawyer and friend. As the new year comes I wish to be able to touch more lives and become an instrument of change.

5. I wish for this country to be better. For its people to take more pride in our culture, race, heritage and our country as a whole. I wish for the the government officials to be more responsible, sincere, honest and conscientious.

6. I wish for the world to be at peace; for countries to be conscious and respectful of each others existence

7. I wish for justice to all victims of hate, war and violence. I also wish for forgiveness, repentance and change to all perpetrators.

8. I wish for a greener and cleaner earth and I wish to be able to see mother nature's endless bounty not its rage

9. I wish for children to be educated and for them to value education

10. I wish that we will be more grateful and thankful for all the good things and be more positive in anything that we do or say.

No comments:

Post a Comment